The Ethiopian Overseas Employment Agency (EOEA) is a government agency responsible for regulating and monitoring the overseas recruitment of Ethiopian workers. The EOEA was established in 1992 under the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs.
The EOEA's main objectives are to:
- Protect the rights of Ethiopian migrant workers
- Ensure that Ethiopian migrant workers are recruited in a fair and transparent manner
- Promote the development of the overseas employment sector in Ethiopia
The EOEA carries out its mandate by:
- Issuing licenses to overseas recruitment agencies
- Monitoring the activities of overseas recruitment agencies
- Investigating complaints from migrant workers
- Providing information and support to migrant workers
The EOEA is committed to ensuring that Ethiopian migrant workers are able to work overseas in safe and decent conditions. The agency works closely with a number of stakeholders, including the government, employers, trade unions, and civil society organizations, to achieve its objectives.